Saturday, June 18, 2011

Letter 9

Dear Mom,

Hey Mom!  How is everything going?  I received your package today.  Thank you so much for all the help and support.  I wouldn't have the drive I have if you weren't right behind me, pushing me along.

The hardest thing about basic I would say is the attitudes of the other females. It is getting better, but for some it will never change.

Well, this week's schedule is:

Monday - Night Fire
Tuesday - EST Training
Wednesday - Combatives
Thursday - Combatives
Friday - Final PT Test/Night Fire
Saturday - Confidence Tower

24 DAYS til Family Day!  How exciting it will be. :)  I can't wait to see all of you.  I miss you guys so much.  I need my real family around.  I have made some good friends here, but real family is nice too.

As for staying in, I'm not quite sure.  I am going to complete my 3 years and if I am liking it, I will go reserve and retire as that.  If not, I will decide when it comes to that.

I'm so excited for AIT.  Phones every day, laptops, news, week-end off post passes... Sounds like heaven compared to what I'm going through now. 

As for people I have become close with, there are 3 females:  Kraxberger, Conway, and Jackson (Emily).  (We have 2 Jackson's.)  They are all girlie like me, so I don't stick out as an odd ball.  They are really a good support system.  Conway & Jackson are both staying here for AIT and I will get to see them on free time.  (They have a different MOS than me.)  Kraxberger is leaving us.  Her AIT is at Fort Sill, Oklahoma.  That will be sad, but we are still going to keep up with her on FaceBook and stay in touch.  I have also met one other female in my platoon from Michigan.  She has the same MOS & AIT as I do.  She is from Madison Heights, MI.

I'm including my picture.  I'm going to get new pictures done in AIT.  That picture was done the first day we got here.  We only got 2 hours of sleep and pictures were the next day.  I'll give you the rest of the copies at graduation.

Thank you for your love and support.  I wouldn't be where I am today without your love and strength behind me every step of the way.  FYI:  I qualified with my weapon.  I'm now a "U.S. Shooting Machine".

xoxo,

Love Heather!

P.S.  Tell everyone I said "Hello" and hugs and kisses to all.

2 comments:

  1. You must be so proud, and I am so proud of having these young American soldiers so brave, protecting us. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy, I just wanted to stop by and say Thank You for the lovely comments you left on my blog from the QQ blog hop. I sure hope to see you again as QQ has some fun projects and challenges coming up, hope to see you there. And please Thank your Dear Daughter for her service to Our Country, My Husband and Father served so I think I know how you feel. Thank You again.
    ((Hugs)) Theresa (QQ DT member)

    ReplyDelete