Friday, May 27, 2011

Letter 6

Hey Mom,

How is everything?  I received your care package today w/all the letters, pictures, and undies.  Thanks for everything by the way!  The undies got put in my personal bag, because they can only be plain white, even on the waist band.  No black or colored.  Sorry, I should have specified better.

Well, first to update you guys on everything.  So far, in Red Phase, we have completed our first PT test.  I did well on the run and sit-ups, but not so good on my push ups.  But those I am working on every night.  We have also completed our 4K Foot March, Teamwork Development obstacle course, CBRN Gas Chamber, First Aid Test, Conditioning Obstacle Course (Fit-to-Win), Land Navigation, Hand Grenades, and are starting on our Basic Riflemanship.  This past Friday, we passed our Red Phase Test and advanced to White Phase.  Very exciting!  With that, we are given more privileges and phone time on Sundays. 

Last week was rough, though.  I had pulled a muscle in my right calf and was put on crutches for 5 days.  It was not fun.  But I am healed now, so all is well.

Mom, I have to add, when I read your blog, it made me cry.  It was very reassuring that I have such a wonderful support system back home.  I could not ask for anything more than an amazing family like mine.  I love and miss you all so much.  Update me about everything soon.

Night Night!

Love you,

Heather

P.S.  Expect a call Sunday around 3 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment